Sunday, July 3, 2011

Rainforest cookies

This recipe came from a story book we checked out of the library.  It was about the rain forest, and had a cookie recipe at the end.  I made a couple of changes - one just a typo correction, and I added more coconut.  These were a bit on the cakey side for me for cookies - I assume it must be the addition of banana because other than that they are a basic chocolate chip cookie.  I liked the flavor, but if I'm going to waste the calories, and 2 sticks of butter I'd rather the cookie seem like a cookie more than a bread.  I could have just made banana bread - would have had more bananas and less butter.  But that is me being silly - they are super tasty, and I do want to eat a ton once I start eating, but then again I'm a cookie monster.  :)

Ingredients

  • 2 to 2 1/4 cups flour (I actually used 1 cup wheat and 1.25 cups white)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 stick butter -(oops I used 2.  Maybe that was my problem. Now I'll have to make them again.)
  • 1 medium ripe banana
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup coconut flakes
  • 2 cups chocolate chips (12 oz)
  • 1 cup chopped cashews
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375.  combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and set aside.
  2. beat butter, banana, and sugars until creamy
  3. beat in eggs and then add coconut.
  4. Add flour mixture using extra flour if needed.
  5. Stir in chocolate chips and cashews.
  6. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet (I always cover mine in parchment or a baking mat.)
  7. Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails