Monday, November 9, 2009

precooked ground beef and chicken

When I was working I was always looking for a way to speed up dinner making time, and I started making my ground hamburger and chicken ahead of time then freezing them in individual containers. I love doing that. It was so convenient and I have continued doing it even though I no longer work. I like to buy my meat in bulk or just buy a lot when it is on sale, but I hate waiting for it to defrost. This solves my problem on a variety of recipes.

Ground beef

Fry up hamburger with onion, salt, and pepper. Divide into 1 lb containers and freeze. It thaws in 2 minutes in the microwave. I've also made it with celery and onion. Add whatever you normally add to ground beef in a casserole recipe. I also started to make 1.5 lb containers recently. They take 3 minutes to defrost in my microwave.

Chicken

We like to grill our chicken then chop it up and package it. I love the flavor added to the meat by grilling it over the charcoal. Sometimes we even marinade the meat first.

One of these days I'll learn to use my nice expensive pressure canner and try my hand at canning meat, but for now, this is what I do and I love it. Quick and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails