Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Blueberry Zucchini Bread

This is a recipe I found on allrecipes.com. Of course I have altered it. I seem to do that a lot lately. My version is below. The original version is here. There are some great ideas for crumbles to go on top at allrecipes.com as well, but I thought it was plenty tasty as it was. Even DH who is very anti-zucchini liked it and said ooo (in a good way) when he found out I was making it today. I think last time I made it I added more sugar. It was probably better sweeter (but only because I have a major sweet tooth.) However, it was still great this way. No one complained and they all had seconds. I'm also ready to make more the next day so I guess it gets 5 stars.



Ingredients

  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 2 cups shredded zucchini
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 cups blueberries
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 loaf pans. (or 4 mini loaf pans)
  2. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the prepared loaf pans.
  3. Bake 1 hour 20 minutes in the preheated oven, (50-55 minutes for mini loaf pans) or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.

Note:  I have made this with 1/4 cup oil and 3/4 cup applesauce it still turns out great.

1 comment:

  1. Today's alterations - had no vanilla - subbed almond extract - was going to use 1 teaspoon, but only had about 3/4 teaspoon. I also lowered the oil to 1/4 cup and upped the applesauce to 3/4 cup. I upped the zucchini to 3 small which ended up being about 3 1/2 cups. I also thawed my blueberries and I don't usually. We'll see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails